When people attend Garden State Real Estate Academy’s real estate licensing classes, they often muse about selling the “Big One.” Is it an impossible dream? Absolutely not! We had one graduate with a brand new real estate license who sold a $3.8 million home as a result of an open house in her first month as a real estate agent.
Let’s look at the most expensive South Jersey homes that have sold in the first nine months of 2018—and those that are still on the market, ready for our new real estate licensees to sell!
South Jersey Luxury Homes Sold this Year
The top five homes that have sold in Burlington, Camden and Gloucester counties this year are:
- 2 Elderberry Court, Medford sold for $2.2 million in February. It was reduced from an original list price of $2,990,990 and took 560 days to sell.
- 511 Westminster Drive, Haddonfield sold for $1.9 million after 242 days of marketing.
- In third place is 504 Bartram Road, Moorestown. It sold in February for 1,525,000 after 308 days-on-market.
- 523 Chews Landing Road, Haddonfield sold for $1,550,000 after just 10 days on the market
- 3 Cambridge Court, Moorestown sold after just 21 days for $1,357,500—very close to its list price of $1,385,000
South Jersey Luxury Homes For Sale
So what about those selling opportunities for new real estate licensees? Here are the five most expensive homes currently on the market in our tri-county area:
- 511 New Albany Road, Moorestown. It is on the market for a mere $7.5 million—after being on the market for 719 days and going through a million-dollar price reduction. Don’t calculate the commission until you’re at the settlement table!
- 263 Mount Laurel Road in Mount Laurel—formerly owned by Eagles star Jon Runyan—was originally listed 261 days ago for $7.5 million and is now available for $6,6 million.
- 10 Lane of Acres, Haddonfield is for sale at $5 million after 477 days on the market at the same price.
- 5 Cobblestone Court, Moorestown is a close runner-up at $4,999,999 list price and has been for sale for 117 days.
- Finally, for only $3,750,000 you can introduce your clients to 701 Matlack Drive, Moorestown, which has only been on the market for 69 days.
On their first day in our real estate school, many students tell us they are pursuing a new real estate license after watching TV shows such as Million Dollar Listing. Now they need to hurry up and get their real estate license: they don’t have to go to New York or Los Angeles to find million-dollar homes they can sell! Our next real estate licensing classes begin on December 3rd and registrations are now open at https://www.gsreacademy.com/schedule-of-courses/